F.Sc F.A ICS I.Com English XII Essay My First Day At College With Quotations

F.Sc F.A ICS I.Com English XII Essay My First Day At College With Quotations 2nd Year Essay Notes Online Taleem Ilm Hub

Note: To find other essays please click on this link Essays.
Note: To find quotations for other essays please click on this link Quotations for Essays.
F.Sc F.A ICS I.Com English XII Essay My First Day At College With Quotations


Colleges are places where pebbles are polished and diamonds are dimmed.

After I passed my school examination with good grades I got into a high ranked college in my city. I had heard a lot of stories about college life from my elder sibling and relatives. According to them college is not as strict as school. I was full of excitement, inner joy and high hopes for a promising future. I thought college life would be full of pleasures. After a bad experience of strict discipline at school, I wanted to have a sigh of relief among pleasures of college life. I had already come to know about the frank environment of college. The students play tricks and crack jokes with one another. The lectures had group discussions and research on a topic instead of preparing notes. Besides, there are greater opportunities of extra-curricular activities to search talent. Briefly, it was the charming side of college that I imagined.

Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself. 

Thinking about this when I entered college, I came across a different world then I imagined. The worthy teachers and other staff members were welcoming the new comers and guiding them to the assembly hall of the college. We were told that on the first day, there would not be any classes for the new comers but the welcome address of the principal. Only the new admitted students were invited to the address and the senior had classes. It was good news for us.

The hall was decorated with pictures of our historical persons, previous principals and some shining stars of the college. There were 1100 students seated. At 10 O’clock, the principal entered the hall. Then, the worthy professors also took their respective seats.

The principal was an aged but healthy man. His face showed strong determination. His strong voice echoed “Assalam-o-Alaikum” in the hall – this marks the beginning of the welcome address.
The principal started explaining the reality and the importance of college experience. His arguments were good and strong. With the help of data, the principal proved that a greater number of college students spoil their lives. He said, “Life is not a bed of roses. You are supposed to work hard”. He was very inspiring and motivating. He told us that college provides opportunity to choose what you want to become in future. College is the place where you will get to know yourself and your potential. It is where you will decide where your future resides.  The Principal changed my concept of pleasures. He explained that pleasure is a small corner in the big room of hard work. “Pleasures refreshes you for hard work and not vice versa”. He surprised me, “If you spoil yourself, you spoil the future of the country”. He told us that college means greater discipline and a sense of responsibility.

The principal’s speech had come to an end but it had transformed my life as I transitioned from a school student to a college students. We were entertained with juice and snacks. While eating, I was thinking about my mistaken conception about college. I was convinced that the college opportunity should not be spoiled.

There is no substitute for hard work. 

In the end, it was the first day at college that changed my perspective of college life; I could have carried away easily with the charms of the college life. In just a few moments, I was transformed into a responsible man. I am indebted to the principal for this revolution.

A college education should equip one to entertain three things: a friend, an idea and oneself. 



Written By: Asad Hussain

35 Comments

  1. Replies
    1. you okay how much length do you want like 100000000 pages seriouslyyyyy

      Delete
  2. Not bad ..but write for the assistance of exceptional students also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. But U donot think its material must be improved

      Delete
  4. That's good👌👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't need to take key book because of you Mr Asad Hussain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. then how much do you want 10000000000 pages like seriously sirf paper mein essay hi likhna hai kya pagal insan

      Delete
  7. It's good..
    But try to increase length 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good but there must be one for lightning brain students.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no discussion about first year fooling.Didn't senior students not make you crazy or fool??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too good....and easy wording...👌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post