Quotations By Benjamin Franklin

FSc ICS FA Quotes Intermediate Part 2 English Essays Quotations 2nd Year Notes Online Taleem Ilmi Hub Quotations By Benjamin Franklin

Note: To find quotations for other essays please click on this link Quotations for Essays.

Note: To find essays please click on this link Essays.

Quotations By Benjamin Franklin

Franklin was a statesman, diplomat, writer, scientist and inventor, one of the most versatile and talented men in colonial America and a leading figure in the American struggle for independence.

1. Honesty is the best policy.

2. Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.

3. A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

4. A life of leisure and a life of laziness are two things. There will be sleeping enough in the grave.

5. A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.

6. A penny saved is a penny earned.

7. At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.

8. Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

9. Eat to please thyself, but dress to please others.

10. Having been poor is no shame, but being ashamed of it, is.

11. He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

12. I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand.

13. I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the 
obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.

14. In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

15. It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine 
clothes, fine houses or fine furniture.

16. Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late.

17. Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

18. The first mistake in public business is the going into it.

19. There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self.

20. There was never a good war, or a bad peace.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post