Intermediate Stories The Milkmaid and Her Pail.

FSc ICS FA ICom Intermediate 1st Year English Notes Moral Stories The Milkmaid and Her Pail.

Note: To find other stories please click on this link Stories.

There lived a farmer in a village. He had a young daughter. She was really an imaginative sort of girl. One morning she went out to milk the cows and was returning to the dairy carrying her pail on her head. As she went along she began thinking: "The milk in this pail will provide me with cream, which I will make into butter and take to market to sell. With this money I will buy a bunch of eggs. When they are hatched, they will produce chickens, and by I shall have quite a large poultry yard.

With the money that I get from the sale of these eggs I will buy myself a new dress which I will wear to the fair. All the young men of the nearby towns come up and speak to me! The village girls will be jealous but I don't care. I shall just look at them and toss my head like this."

As she spoke she tossed her head back, the pail fell from her head. All the milk was spilled, and all her castles in the air vanished.


Moral:

  • Do not build castles in the air.

 

Written By: Asad Hussain

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post