Quotations on Movies

FSc ICS FA Quotes Intermediate Part 2 English Essays Quotations 2nd Year Notes Online Taleem Ilmi Hub Quotations on Movies

Note: To find quotations for other essays please click on this link Quotations for Essays.

Note: To find essays please click on this link Essays.

Quotations on Movies


1. All of life’s riddles are answered in the movies. -- Steve Martin

2. Everything I learned I learned from the movies. ― Audrey Hepburn

3. The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues. ― Terry Pratchett

4. The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder. ― Alfred Hitchcock

5. Art produces ugly things which frequently become more beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things that always become ugly with time. ― Jean Cocteau

6. An essential element of any art is risk. If you don’t take a risk then how are you going to make something really beautiful, that hasn’t been seen before? ― Francis Ford Coppola

7. I steal from every single movie ever made. I love it – if my work has anything it’s that I’m taking this from this and that from that and mixing them together. If people don’t like that, then tough titty, don’t go and see it, alright? I steal from everything. Great artists steal; they don’t do homages. ― Quentin Tarantino

8. Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out. ― Martin Scorsese

9. You don't have to be naked to be sexy. ― Nicole Kidman

10. The best reason to make a film is that you feel passionately about it. ― Jodie Foster

11. Movies are a fad. Audiences really want to see live actors on a stage. ― Charles Chaplin

12. A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad. ― Samuel Goldwyn

13. Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world. ― Jean-Luc Godard

14. I'm married to the theater but my mistress is the films. ― Oskar Werner

15. I don't dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living.― Steven Spielberg

16. The movies are the only business where you can go out front and applaud yourself. ― Will Rogers

17. If my films don't show a profit, I know I'm doing something right. ― Woody Allen

18. I make movies I want to see. ― Neil LaBute

19. Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them. ― Pauline Kael

20. Never compare your love story to those you watch in movies. They're written by scriptwriters, yours is written by God. ― Efren Peñaflorida Jr.

21. All you need to make a movie is a girl and a gun. ― Jean-Luc Godard

22. I have a theory that movies operate on the level of dreams, where you dream yourself. ― Meryl Streep

23. The only way to get rid of fear is to make films about it. ― Alfred Hitchcock

24. It's hard to make a cultural phenomenon every time. ― John Travolta

25. Films are subjective-what you like, what you don’t like. But the thing for me that is absolutely unifying is the idea that every time I go to the cinema and pay my money and sit down and watch a film go up on-screen, I want to feel that the people who made that film think it’s the best movie in the world, that they poured everything into it and they really love it. Whether or not I agree with what they’ve done, I want that effort there-I want that sincerity. And when you don’t feel it, that’s the only time I feel like I’m wasting my time at the movies. ― Christopher Nolan

26. I thought Star Wars was too wacky for the general public. ― George Lucas

27. “The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.” Terry Pratchett

28. “Everything I learned I learned from the movies.” Audrey Hepburn

29. “It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you watch them on a screen.” Anthony Burgess

30. If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story. Orson Welles

31. I think cinema, movies, and magic have always been closely associated. The very earliest people who made film were magicians. Francis Ford Coppola

32. A story should have a beginning, a middle and an end, but not necessarily in that order. Jean-Luc Godard

33. Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out. Martin Scorsese

34. Filmmaking is a chance to live many lifetimes. Robert Altman

35. Acting is not about being famous, it's about exploring the human soul. Annette Bening

36. The sound and music are 50% of the entertainment in a movie. George Lucas

37. Cinema should make you forget you are sitting in a theater. Roman Polanski

38. The most honest form of filmmaking is to make a film for yourself. Peter Jackson

39. The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't. Joseph L. Mankiewicz

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post